Monday, January 20, 2014

Brian Newmark made a new friend this weekend.

This weekend I met a unique individual.  Like most, I see people any my mind goes "Brian Newmark, he/she looks nice or Brian Newmark, be polite and keep moving..."  Saturday night, my wife and I were meeting friends for dinner.  We got their a bit early so we sat at the bar to have drink.  Next to us was this enormous guy and within seconds it was clear he had a personality to match.

My wife and I ordered our drinks and started to talk.  Not sure how it happened, but my always friendly wife said something to him and the next thing you know this hugely intimidating looking guy became this incredibly nice teddy bear of a person.

Soon our friends arrived and joined the conversation.  Forty five minuted later we were still talking to the guy.  On the spot we tried to set him up with a close friend of my wife's, we'll see if that goes anywhere.  I hope it does as they are both wonderful people looking for someone to share life experiences with.  As for me, I made a new friend.  This one certainly goes in the category of not my typical friend, but that is what makes life interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment